Post 16 is an ever-expanding area in Sacred Heart College and we offer a wide range of subjects at AS, A Level, Double and Single Applied Awards as well as BTEC Nationals. These qualifications are designed to provide not only academic but also a broad introduction to a vocational area in an applied context. This academic year we are offering Environmental Technology and Travel and Tourism as we are constantly aware of the opportunities in the job market. In Sacred Heart College we know that academic success is dependent on high standards and expectations along with full attendance.
For each of us to do our job to the best of our ability, supporting one another in providing a quality education. Where everyone can succeed and improve on his/her personal best. A love of learning is our priority. We believe in developing Christian, confident and responsible citizens who will contribute to and lead society in the 21st century"
Post 16 studies aim to:
- Provide the widest possible range of academic and vocational courses for students aged 16-19 years
- Meet the needs of all 16-19 year old students who wish to remain in full-time education
- Give students every opportunity to choose appropriate combined and flexible education
- Provide students with the necessary qualifications to progress to higher education, further training or employment
Courses are also offered in collaboration with Christian Brothers Grammar, Dean Maguirc, Drumragh Integrated, Loreto Grammar and South West College.
As a result, a large percentage of our students apply to university every year, most gaining access to their first choice institution and course.
- Art and Design AS/A Level
- Biology AS/A Level
- Applied Business Single & Double Award
- BTEC Construction
- Design and Technology AS/A Level
- English Literature AS/A Level
- Environmental Technology AS/A Level
- Geography AS/A Level
- Health & Social Care Single & Double Award
- History AS/A Level
- Information Technology Single & Double Award
- Mathematics AS/A Level
- Music BTEC
- Performing Arts AS/A Level
- Religious Studies AS/A Level
- Applied Science Single Award
- Sport BTEC
- Travel & Tourism BTEC
- Essential Skills
- CCEA Certificate of Personal Effectiveness