The Board of Governors of Sacred Heart College has determined that the following criteria shall be applied, in the event of the number of pupils applying for places in Year 8 in September 2015 being greater than the admissions number, in the order set down below. Priority will be given to pupils resident in Northern Ireland.
- Applicants who are entitled for Free School Meals* (FSME): Priority to be given so that the proportion of such children admitted is not less than the proportion of first preference FSME applications recieved within the total number of first preference applications recieved.**
*Entitled to Free School Meals" will mean applicants who are listed on the Education Authority register as entitled to Free School Meals at the date on which their parent/guardian has signed their post-primary Transfer Form, or at any date up to and including Wednesday 13th May 2015.
**The calculation of this proportion will be on the basis of first preference applications received by the post primary school on or before Wednesday 18th March 2015.
- Applicants who have a sibling currently attending Sacred Heart College
- Applicants who are the eldest child in the family.
- Applicants residing in the following parishes: Drumragh, Cappagh, Lower Badoney, Fintona (Donacavey), Ardstraw East, Ardstraw West, Castlederg, Termonamongan, Greencastle, Drumquin (Langfield), Upper Badoney and Beragh (Not listed in order of preference)
- Applicants attending the following Primary Schools: All Saints PS Omagh, Altishane PS, Christ the King PS Omagh, Gaelscoil na gCrann Omagh, Gortnagarn PS Omagh, Holy Family PS Omagh, Envagh PS Drumquin, St Francis of Assisi PS Drumnabey, St Caireall's PS Aghyaran, St Lawrence's PS Fintona, St Patrick's PS Castlederg, St Peter's PS Plumbridge, St Brigid's PS Cranagh, Recarson PS Omagh, Sacred Heart PS Omagh, St Brigid's PS Mountfield, St Conor's PS Omagh, St Eugene's PS Tircur, St Joseph's PS Drumquin, St Mary's PS Killyclogher, St Patrick's PS Newtownstewart, St Patrick's PS Gortin (Not listed in order of preference)
- Applicants for whom Sacred Heart College is the nearest suitable school
- Applicants whos parent(s)/guardian(s) is a permanent member of staff at Sacred Heart College
In the event of over-subscription in any one of the above criteria taken in order, pupils will be selected on the basis of proximity or the parents/guardians home to the school as measured by the shortest walking route by public thoroughfare.
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on any application form/transfer form.
The provision of false or incorrect information or the failure to provide information within the deadlines set by post-primary schools can result in the withdrawal of a place and the inability to offer a place on the part of any school nominated on the applicant's transfer form.
The same criteria are applied to those seeking admission to Year 8 - after the beginning of the school year.